Our gym offers access to all
In order to encourage disabled usage of our facility we operate a carers register from reception.
All registered carers are are permitted to enter the facility free of charge when accompanying a disabled client to one of the many activities on offer.
Please note that proof is required at the time of entry
IFI GYM EQUIPMENT
The Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) is a Sport England Lottery Funded project that supports not for profit fitness facilities to become Inclusive, catering for the needs of disabled and non-disabled people alike.
Alfreton, Ripley and William Gregg VC Leisure Centres have provided easy access specialist fitness equipment and implemented staff training to ensure fitness is accessible for all.
Our accessible features include
- Designated Disabled Parking bays close to Centre's reception
- Drop level counter at Reception
- Hearing loop systems at Reception and in key areas; Gym, Dance Studio
- Designated Gym Equipment for disabled users (IFI accredited)
- Lift Access to all floors (Sports Hall & Gym)
- Oxford Pool Hoist (sockets on both Pool Sides allowing access to either Pool)
- Ranger and various size slings for hoist
- 2 'top of the range' stainless steel transporters shower chairs
- Electric X/Y Hoist in wet changing room
- Disabled/ Restricted Mobility access pool ladder (to aid access to the Main Pool)
- Floatsation equipment for use by Disabled swimmers in order to gain water confidence and still have the freedom to swim unrestricted.
- Disabled Toilet and Disabled Changing x2 on Dry Side
- Disabled Changing x 2 in Pool Wet Change
- Disabled Toilet in Wet Change
- Disabled Changing & Toilet in the Gym
- Designated Disabled lockers
Contact a member of the Gym Team for more information.