Let us help you improve your wellbeing
We aim to work with our people, partners, local authorities, communities and customers to provide programmes, products and services that will improve health and wellbeing, tackle physical inactivity, create positive outcomes, and contribute to reducing health inequalities.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing is a set of evidence-based actions which promote people’s wellbeing. They are:
1. Be active – We are in the fitness industry so we encourage staff to be active themselves and our main business is around getting local communities more physically active.
2. Connect – Connecting with customers is at the heart of great customer service. Connecting within Leisure Centre Teams creates a valuable whole-site approach which ensures greater site success.
3. Take notice -Taking notice of what customers say and what their needs are helps us to continuously improve our offer and our standards.
4. Keep learning – We pride ourselves on our commitment to staff qualifications and Continued Personal Development and in turn offer continually evolving activities and facilities.
5. Give – Our Teams can be motivated with fund-raising campaigns and schemes that provide social value and meet important national and local campaigns.
We aim to help everyone achieve their goals and help improve the Health and Wellbeing of the Horsham District. View the latest edition of our Health and Wellbeing newsletter.
Horsham District Wellbeing
Horsham District Wellbeing is a free, friendly and impartial service from Horsham District Council to help you find local wellbeing information and services. You can also get support for things like getting your family fitter, doing some regular exercise, dealing with stress, kicking a habit, or simply improving your general wellbeing.
You can contact them by
- Phone on 01403 215111
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our enquiry form
- Visit our dedicated website: www.horshamdistrictwellbeing.org.uk
If you’re not already active why not sign up to a FREE Get Active course to help you along the way?
Our ‘Get Active’ courses aim to support and guide you through your first steps to getting active or getting back into activity.
We offer a number of courses including Exercise to Music, Learn to Run and Walking Football. For more information about the courses please visit the Being Active section of our website.
To see when the next courses are starting keep an eye on our What's going on page
Weight Management Programmes
We offer FREE 12 week courses focusing on nutrition and exercise for adults, men only and families who are overweight or obese.
The sessions provide an interactive discussion on nutrition topics to help individuals to make small changes towards a healthy sustainable lifestyle and their goals, and we also offer a different fun sport or fitness based activity each week to help those who are inactive or fairly sedentary to get more active in their everyday life.
For more information on these courses, or to register for the next available course that best suits you please visit our wellbeing website for details.
Cook & Eat Programmes
We offer FREE 6 week cook & eat programmes for individuals to learn the tools they need to plan, prepare and cook healthy balanced meals. The sessions are available to adults and families and help to improve kitchen confidence and skills, give ideas on adapting meals to make them healthier using different ingredients including herbs and spices, creating meals to suit different budgets, and obtaining a portfolio of recipes at the end of the course.
To find out more please visit our website and contact us for the latest available courses.
Leisure Access Card
Horsham District Councils Leisure Access Card offers discounts on leisure activities and attractions around the Horsham District for people on low incomes. For more information on who is eligible and how to apply visit the Horsham District Council website.