We offer a range of activities for children with disabilities
Discovery Sensory Room
Please visit the Sensory Room page for full details.
Discovery Open Days
We run 3 Open Days per year for children aged 18 and under with disabilities and their families. Each day runs 10am - 4pm and contains a wide range of sporting and creative activities plus lunch for the whole family. Prices are £10 per disabled child.
Our open days include Trampolining, Bouncy Castle, Arts & Crafts, Fun with Food, Boccia, Bowling and much more. Please contact us for information on the next open day or to join the mailing list to receive your invite.
All of our activities are funded by the West Sussex County Council's Short Breaks for disabled children programme.
- We aim to support as many needs as possible on our sessions and will work with you to adapt activities to be inclusive. This may not be possible for all activities due to the physical nature of some of them. If you have any concern or would like to discuss accessibility please call us on 01403 211311 and we would be happy to talk this through with you.
- Eligibility Criteria (this does NOT apply to the Discovery Sensory Room) Children should reside in West Sussex and be in receipt of either the higher or medium level of disability living allowance, this is a condition of our funding. Children should fit within the age ranges specified for each activity, some exceptions maybe possible, please call us on 01403 211311 to discuss.
- If you are interested in booking on to any of our activities please call us on 01403 211311. There will some short forms to fill out and payment will be required on booking.
- We often seek feedback on the service provided and from time to time you may be asked to complete a questionnaire on your experience and views on how we could improve. We would be grateful if you could take the time to complete these as an when you are asked.
- If you would like feedback on how your child or young person is doing please speak to the coaching staff that take your session. Alternatively ask to speak to the Junior Activities Co-ordinator who will be able to assist.
- We offer the following accessibility features at our Centre. Disabled parking bays at the front of the building, please display your blue badge. Easy Access front door and door retainers for easy access around the Centre. Changing Places changing room, with toilet, shower, height adjustable changing bed and hoist system. Portable hoist for access to Sensory Room ball pool and trampolines. If you have any concerns regarding accessibility please call us on 01403 211311.
- We run regular disability awareness training for front line staff and specialist staff hold the relevant qualifications to coach.
- If you have any concerns that can not be address with the staff delivering your session please contact Jenny Richardson, SENCO on 01403 211311.