The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification course
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool.
The NPLQ course includes 3 sections:
- Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
- Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
- Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid.
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more.
Candidates must be 16 or older, at the time of assessment, must be able to reach the deepest part of the swimming pool where the course is being held, swim 50 metres in 60 seconds, swim 200 metres continually, jump or dive into the swimming pool and exit the swimming pool unaided to enrol on this course
Successful candidates will receive:
- Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) NPLQ certificate for each candidate
- Royal Lifesaving Society NPLQ Lifeguard manual for each candidate
- Handouts and revision sheets for each candidate
Next Course Dates:
None currently available