Our gym offers access to all
The Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) is a Sport England Lottery Funded project that supports not for profit fitness facilities to become Inclusive, catering for the needs of disabled and non-disabled people alike.
We have provided easy access specialist fitness equipment and implemented staff training to ensure fitness is accessible for all.
For those customers with additional accessibility requirements the Centre has been equipped with hearing loops at reception and Braille directional signage.
The following facilities are also available:
- Family/Baby Changing - Family sized cubicles can be found within the village pool changing room.
- Toilets - These are located within the various changing areas.
- Parking - Provision has been made at the front of the car park, close to the building, to allow easy access to the Centre for Registered Disabled Badge Holders.
- Radar - Please note that a radar key is required to access some of our disabled changing facilities, these are available from Amber Valley Borough Council.
- Disabled Changing Rooms - We have dedicated disabled changing rooms in our fitness, dry sports and pool changing areas. In addition to this our pool changing rooms are equipped with a "state of the art" height adjustable bed and hoist.
In order to encourage disabled use of our facility we operate a carer's register from reception. All registered carers are permitted to enter the facility free of charge when accompanying a disabled client to one of the activities on offer. Please note that proof is required at the time of entry.