Get fit in the pool with an aquatic class
Here are some of our current sessions, but do check out our timetable for the full list of workout classes and prices.
An aerobics session in the pool that can maintain and improve stamina, strength and suppleness as well as increase cardiovascular fitness. Unlike aerobics on land Aqua Fit is low-impact and the cushioning effect of the water protects joints in the spine, ankle, hip and knees. It is suitable for people of all ages and abilities as participants can work at a variety of levels by increasing effort and using resistive equipment.
- The use of water supports the body and reduces the risk of muscle or joint injury
- When stretching, the water helps place less stress on joints and can even allow a greater range of motion
- Aqua Fit is safe and enjoyable. You do not have to be a strong swimmer to participate
- Exercise in water can prevent overheating through continuous cooling of the body
- Most classes last for 45-60 minutes
A fun all-round water based workout for pre & post natal women.
- Safe, enjoyable, fun exercise during and after pregnancy
- Most classes are taken by a midwife who is on hand for advice and support
- Gives you the opportunity to meet other pregnant women
- Gives you a ‘feel good factor’ and sense of well-being
- Cushions joints and aids mobility
- Less risk of injury than dry land exercise
- Helps build stamina to prepare you for labour
- Improves circulation and helps reduce swelling
- Eases back and pelvic girdle pain
- Improves posture and balance
- You can start classes from early pregnancy, and can carry on right up until birth
- You are welcome to return to classes after your baby is born – usually after 6 weeks if you are feeling well.
Known as the Zumba "pool party", Aqua Zumba gives new meaning to the idea of an invigorating workout. Splashing, strecthing, twisting, even shouting, laughing, hooting and hollering are often heard during an Aqua Zumba class.