Get back to fitness with GP referral
If you have suffered from an illness, or recently had an operation, our Be Active Health Referral sessions will help you get back into fitness. Our qualified and friendly instructors will supervise you over a 12 week period.
The leisure centres in AmberValley, in partnership with the Derbyshire Primary Care Trust have developed the Health Referral programme to help you make that change. We offer supervised gym sessions and gentle exercise classes including aerobics, pilates, aqua aerobics
and aqua jog, all at a subsidised cost. The initial consultation is free. Your 12 week programme will include up to two free specified activity sessions per week (from selected activities), and access to further activities at a discounted rate.
Clients are referred to our co-ordinator, Lou Newton, who will work closely with you to provide:
- A confidential service
- One-2-one consultation and support
- Liaison with your referer (GP, physio, dietician etc)
- Understanding of your medical condition and any personal difficulties you may face.
- A tailored exercise plan which identifies activities that you enjoy and also provide health benefits
- An environment that is friendly, caring and comfortable
- Support to help you achieve your personal goals
- Contact with others who have experienced many of the same fears, difficulties and barriers - and have overcome them.
What can the programme help you achieve? Well here's a list of a few things:
- Lose weight
- Reduce your health risks
- Manage your health conditions
- Eat a healthy balanced diet
- Have more energy
- Sleep better
- Build confidence
- Meet new people
- And much, much more...
For further information, please call Reception on 01773 537940.