Keep up to date with the development works
Loughton Leisure Centre – Development
As you may be aware Loughton Leisure Centre will shortly be undergoing major development works as part of the £13.4 million improvement project for Epping’s Sports & Leisure Centres.
Here we will keep you up to date on everything that is happening on site up until the official opening in summer 2018.
What you can look forward to:
- All new 2 storey 150 station gym area (including a virtual cycling studio)
- 2 new workout studios
- Up-graded wet and dry changing facilities
Programme of works:
To give you an idea of the programme here is a brief description of the works.
- The current part of the gym where the resistance equipment is located will be converted to a group workout studio. A new entrance will be formed where the café used to be located.
- The part of the gym where all the Cardiovascular equipment is currently located will be reconfigured and will form the main gym during the refurbishment works.
- The Octagon and existing Studio will be demolished to make way for your all new 2 storey gym.
- Once the new gym is complete the existing gym will be refurbished into the second group workout studio.
- A complete re-modelling and overhaul of the ‘wet’ side changing village to include new lockers, cubicles as well as improvements for customers with disabilities. This will be a 12 week phased project to allow the pool to remain open whilst the works are completed. More details will follow.
Friday 19th January - the gym will be closed whilst we move equipment and create your new temporary gym for the duration of the works. It will re-open on Saturday 20th January.
22nd January - 11th February works will be completed on the first Studio, we anticipate opening to be Monday 12th February. In addition to the classes in our new studio, we will be running workout classes at St Marys Church Hall on a Monday evening, Tuesday evening and Saturday morning to reduce disruption to your class timetable. The normal group exercise timetable will run as normal until the 11th February, further details of the new timetable will follow.
Works completed so far:
We have just installed Swim Tag technology in the pool so you can track your swim. Count lengths, calories burned, lap times and more with the Swim Tag band. Read more about Swim Tag.
We have been working hard to reduce our impact on the environment and have recently spent £25,000 on installing new pool covers.
In addition we are soon to be installing new LED lighting thorough the centre to reduce carbon emissions and reduce our carbon footprint.