Train to be a lifeguard
Courses available at Sparkhill PFC
Do you have what it takes to be a lifeguard?
Learn new skills and help save the lives of others.
We have a number of NPLQ courses running throughout the year here at Sparkhill Pool and Fitness Centre. NPLQ is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool. The NPLQ course includes 3 sections:
• Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
• Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
• Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
• Section 4 - AED
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment, identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more. Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
• Tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to the floor of the pool
• Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design allows
Our courses are due to run on the following dates:
• 6th - 10th August (7.00am - 4.00pm)
• Mon 29th Oct-Sat 3rd Nov (9.00am - 6.00pm)
For more information please complete our enquiry form below and we will be in touch. Otherwise drop us an email at email@example.com us a call on 0121 702 0950.
Working in partnership with the Royal Lifesaving Society.